Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Practice Cake





Okay, so this was yet another practice cake - this stuff is tough!! So, by this time I had tried to work on getting my decorations thinner and I purchased some 3" inch deep pans. I just like the look of the taller cakes. I didn't do anything with the top layer on this one because quite frankly little William was tired of being in his highchair watching Mommy make a mess in the kitchen!! I do have to say that I try very hard to get these cakes straight, but as you can tell from some of the photos they seem to have a leaning effect sometimes or a "hole" - so let me explain. I am working with flimsy cake that does not always work with me :(!! But, I do try my best to make them look the best I can...please just remember, this is my hobby and I am by no means great at this...yet :)!! Also, this was my first attempt at a 3 tiered cake!
Cake
Bottom layer - (1) 10" inch x 2"
Middle layer - (1) 8" inch x 3"
Top layer - (1) 6" inch x 3"