Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Diaper Baby Cake!!



My business manager, Kim :) wanted a special cake to say Thank You to all of the wonderful ladies she works with (I can say that b/c they were all great when they helped bring my little ones into this world). So, what would be a more appropriate cake for the Labor and Delivery and Post Partum nurses...this cute little baby of course!! This was the first time that I did a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and a strawberry cake with cream cheese buttercream. All of my other cakes have had a buttercream icing (thanks Nana!) in between the cake and fondant. I have done this cake one other time and changed the colors and ribbon around for a girl, so there are lots of different options for this! Such a cute and different cake for a baby shower.
Cake
The baby's head is an 8"inch x 3" and the baby's body is a 10"inch x 3". All accents are fondant.